Open houses have long been a helpful tool in selling a house. But what about virtual open houses and their effectiveness?
Hosting an open house online was unheard of in 2019, but the COVID-19 pandemic forced the real estate industry to evolve and find safer ways to operate. Virtual open houses became a reality quickly, and many sellers and realtors have found them to be so successful that they’re likely to remain even after life returns to normal.
Here’s everything you need to know about virtual open houses and why they’re here to stay.
What is a Virtual Open House?
Virtual open houses are live events that are held at a specific time and date. They are hosted online by the seller and/or the listing agent, who guides the guests through a house tour and answers any questions in real time. It’s exactly what the name implies. A standard open house, just held in a virtual setting.
There are other ways to share your home with potential buyers online, but they shouldn’t be confused with virtual open houses. Two of these alternate options include:
- Virtual Showing – An event where a potential buyer is given a private showing of the house and is able to ask the seller or agent questions in a more personal format.
- Virtual Tour – A pre-recorded video tour of the house that is usually accessible from the online house listing.
Benefits of a Virtual Open House
A seller’s main goal is usually to sell their home quickly and for a good price. Virtual open houses can make that goal a reality. They have many benefits, including:
- Powerful Online Presence – The importance of a powerful online listing cannot be understated. According to a Zillow market report, nearly 80% of home buyers start their search online and if your listing is lackluster, they will scroll right past it. A virtual open house helps online listings stand out above the rest.
- Attract More Buyers – Virtual open houses are extremely convenient because buyer’s don’t have to leave their home to attend them. This opens the door to buyers from outside of your immediate area or those who aren’t keen to drive to your location.
- Not Impacted By Outside Factors – Traditional open houses might do poorly or even need to be cancelled if the outside factors aren’t in your favor. A major accident might shut down the freeway or a blizzard might make it impossible for guests to attend an in-person open house. Those factors don’t impact virtual open houses, making them much easier to execute.
- Scheduling is Easier – Scheduling an in-person open house is tricky. You want to pick a day with good weather, and it’s important to stick to the weekends when people are off work and are out house shopping. Virtual open houses are much easier to schedule because serious buyers can easily join the open house from work or home.
WNY Home Buyers Can Help
Even with all the benefits of virtual open houses, they can be stressful to prepare for and to execute. WNY Home Buyers can help! We buy homes in Buffalo, New York and the surrounding area in any condition! No open houses. No staging. Just a fast and simple process that leaves you with cash-in-hand. See what WNY Home Buyers can do for you! Contact us today for your cash offer.