Are you ready to sell your home in Buffalo, New York, but running out of curb appeal ideas to attract buyers? We’ve got you covered.
Here are some easy and effective ways to boost the curb appeal of your home so that it sells faster and for more money than your competitors.
Does Curb Appeal Matter?
Many homeowners take pride in the appearance of their homes and put a lot of effort into boosting and maintaining the curb appeal. But does it really make a difference when you’re selling a home? In most cases, it absolutely does. A recent study by The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics found that curb appeal can boost the selling price of a home by as much as 7%. And it’s not just the curb appeal of your own home that matters. The outward appearance of your neighbors’ homes can also influence your home’s selling price.
Curb Appeal Ideas
If you’ve run out of creativity for ways to boost your home’s appearance, these curb appeal ideas will help get your home sold in no time.
- Paint Your Front Door – Front doors are often neglected. Homeowners see them every single day, so it can be easy to ignore how dirty or worn they’ve gotten. Give that door a fresh coat of paint and you’ll be instantly amazed at how much it elevates the look of your entire home.
- Focus on Landscaping – It’s surprising how much some yardwork can help the appearance of your home. Cut the grass. Pull the weeds. Trim the trees and bushes. A well-maintained yard can do wonders for curb appeal.
- Update Outdoor Lighting – Much like the front door, outdoor lighting can be easily overlooked. But broken light fixtures or burned-out bulbs aren’t helping your curb appeal. Replace the fixtures if they need them, and make sure the bulbs inside of them are all matching. Your home will instantly look better in the daytime, and it will really shine at night.
- Plant Flowers – Flower beds are nice, but you can still have fresh flowers even if your yard doesn’t have a spot to plant them. Grab some planters, fill them with flowers, and arrange them near the front door. You can even buy pre-planted flower pots at your local nursery or home improvement store if planting flowers isn’t your thing.
- Accessorize – You don’t need to go overboard with accessories, but getting a new doormat and a season wreath for the front door can go a long way. If your home has a front porch, be sure to give any furniture a good washing and consider adding new cushions or throw pillows.
WNY Home Buyers Is Here
If these curb appeal ideas feel like more work than you’re ready to put in, WNY Home Buyers is here to help. We buy homes in any condition, no curb appeal is required. When you sell to us, there’s no need for a realtor, no fees, and no closing costs. We’ll make you a fair cash offer for your home in Buffalo or the surrounding areas in New York, and we can close on any day you choose. Get your cash offer today!